Hardwood is a natural material which reacts to its environment and although our manufacturing process allows for normal expansion and contraction, extreme high or low humidity may cause more swelling than normal. To minimise movement and ensure longevity of your purchase we recommend taking good care of your piece as outlined below:
- Dust regularly with a clean cotton cloth;
- Use tablecloths, table runners and coasters to help prevent scratches to the surface and wipe up any spills immediately;
- To nourish and protect your furniture we recommend waxing with a natural beeswax every 6-12 months.
- Only use natural wax, oil or water based cleaning products. Do not use solvent based cleaning products that may contain silicone or alcohol, as this may react and permanently damage the lacquer.
- Do not expose to fragrant oils, insect repellent lotion, or nail polish remover as these are often solvent based and will damage the lacquer
- Avoid placing your furniture near fireplaces, in direct sunlight or under heating/cooling vents.
- Do not leave hot items or ice cold items directly on the surface of the table as water marking may occur.
- Any metal work featuring on your product has been powder coated. Any damage to the surface should be contained as soon as possible to prevent rusting.